NOTE: Birch Aquarium is temporarily closing to the public beginning on Monday, December 7 2020 due to the Regional Stay at Home Order issued for Southern California.
Become a Member
If you are not already a Birch Aquarium Member, what are you waiting for?
As a member of Birch Aquarium, you will play an active role in helping us on our mission to provide ocean science education, to interpret Scripps Institution of Oceanography research, and to promote ocean conservation.
Your membership will help support our facilities, provide quality care for our animals, maintain our state-of-the art exhibits, and carryout our vital education and conservation programs.
Membership is a great value and pays for itself after just two visits.
- Unlimited aquarium admission for one year
- Discounts on public programs such as summer camp, snorkeling, and more.
- Exclusive Members-only events
- Free guest passes
- Printed quarterly issues of the OnBoard newsletter
- Discounts to Gift Shop and Splash! Cafe
- E-communications from Birch Aquarium and Scripps Oceanography
- The satisfaction of supporting ocean conservation for future generations
Are you UC San Diego faculty or staff? You're eligible for special UC San Diego aquarium memberships. Learn more.
If you have questions about memberships, please contact our Membership Department via email.
Birch Aquarium at Scripps is part of UCSD which is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Contributions are tax deductible as allowed by the law. Please see our FAQ page for a listing of any value for tangible benefits received.