Summer is the perfect time to visit Birch Aquarium! That also means it’s our busiest time of year. Here are five tips to make your summer aquarium visit the best it can be.
- Buy Online: Skip the ticket line by purchasing tickets or a membership in advance online.
- Expedited Entry: Members and ticket holders receive expedited entry- if you already have tickets, then head through the main gate to get your ticket scanned the blue entry podium.
- Visit Early or Late: July and August are our busiest months. To avoid the crowds start your visit at when we open at 9 a.m. on weekends or after 3p.m. on weekdays. The aquarium is open 9-5 daily.
- Stay Hydrated: San Diego is a coastal desert, bring a refillable water bottle and visit our filtered water hydration station.
- Be Prepared for Sun: Many of our most popular exhibits are outside, remember your sunscreen and hat.
Most importantly, have a great time on your visit! Be sure to check the schedule for feedings and Dive Show times and keep an eye out for our SPF Summer InterpreTEENs who are ready to talk about our ocean world.