Have a fun and safe visit to Birch Aquarium
In order to ensure that you and your loved ones have a wonderful visit to Birch Aquarium, please watch the video and read all of the details below before your visit.
Before Your Visit
- Advanced Reservation Required: All guests, INCLUDING MEMBERS, are required to reserve a ticket before visiting.
If you or anyone in your family have experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days, you may not visit Birch Aquarium.
- Symptoms Check: Before you enter, you will be asked if you or anyone in your family have experienced any of the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Face Coverings: All staff and guests (2 years and older) are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth — both indoors and out regardless of vaccination status. For more information about our face covering policy, visit our FAQ page.
- Social Distancing: All families or groups must maintain 6 foot distance at all times from staff and other guests. Adults are responsible for ensuring children follow this rule.
- Follow the one-way path: Use the one-way path for exploring the aquarium and keep your group together. See the route on our map here.
More to Know:
- More information about the steps we are taking to keep our staff and guests safe can be found here.
- Strollers are welcome, but you must keep them with you at all times.
- There is no re-entry.
- Splash Café is open. Please plan ahead to buy food before or after your visit, as you won't be able to exit the aquarium to visit the café.
- Eating is only allowed in designated eating areas, which can be found at Splash Café, near the front entrance, or on Smargon Courtyard, near Shark Shores.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Please note that these procedures are subject to change as guidelines from state and local agencies evolve. We will continue to update you as we navigate this unprecedented time together.
Waiver of Claims, Limitation of Liability
Participant waives the right to any claim against UC related to or arising from the acquisition of or exposure to any infectious disease. Neither UC, nor any of its campuses or medical centers, nor any of its employees or agents shall be liable for any claims of loss, expense, or damage to participant relating to the acquisition of or exposure to any infectious disease.
UC MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SAFETY OF THE PREMISES WITH REGARD TO ANY INFECTIOUS DISEASE.