Connecting Earth Science and Chemistry: Exploring Scripps Institution of Oceanography Geochemical Research
Professional Development workshop for Chemistry Educators in Grades 9-12
Saturday, June 3rd, 2017, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
The workshop is currently full but you can join our waitlist below.
- Learn about content connections to NGSS standards in Earth and Space Science, relating plate tectonics, earthquakes and volcanos, and chemical processes in Earth’s mantle
- Develop tools for creating instructional segments that will support your students’ learning of earth and space science integrated with chemistry
- Tour a Scripps Institution of Oceanography research laboratory that is actively investigating geochemistry
- Registration is limited to 25 teachers
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Stipend of $150 upon completion of the workshop*
- Tools for developing NGSS-aligned curriculum
*Regretfully, employees of UC San Diego and UC San Diego Extension are ineligible to receive a stipend.
Questions about the workshop?
Contact Cari Paulenich, email@example.com, 858-822-1810