Financial Aid Application
Our goal is to serve as many schools as possible, while providing a unique and stellar learning experience for all students.
In an effort to better serve the community and in partnership with many generous supporters, Birch Aquarium at Scripps offers financial aid to schools in need. Financial assistance, in the form of a scholarship, is available from our General Financial Aid fund in addition to the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund.
If you are a teacher or educator for Grades K-12 and are interested in scheduling a program with us, we encourage you to apply for financial aid. Please complete our financial aid application after booking your programming. The following steps detail the online booking process:
Part 1: Reserve your Programs
- Self-book online here.
- Select your program, then click 'Book Now'.
- Find your school's Affiliate Account from the drop-down list.
- Enter your account's password. For help with your school's password, please email us.
- Continue with the booking process.
- Select payment option 'Payment Pending'
- Find the Order ID from your confirmation email. You will need this number later to complete the financial aid application.
Part 2: Complete the Financial Aid Application
Financial Aid applications must be submitted prior to your program date(s). Please review our cancellation and rescheduling policies prior to booking your programs.
Have any questions?
If you need any assistance with the online booking process or have questions about financial aid, please email our Education Scheduling Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Through the generosity of Price Philanthropies and other donors, the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund was established to increase access to hands-on ocean science education by delivering our Aquarium Outreach programs directly to schools in need in City Heights and surrounding areas.
Schools Eligible for Price Programs
In the 2020-2021 school year, we will deliver our outreach programs virtually, and are focusing on Title 1 elementary schools in the following San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) clusters:
- Crawford Cluster
- Hoover Cluster
- Lincoln Cluster
- Morse Cluster
- San Diego Cluster
- Additional schools: Lincoln Acres Elementary, the Monarch School, and San Diego Global Vision Academy, which feed into our 6th grade Price Philanthropies-funded Beach Science program.
Classes in grades K-5 may apply for funding for our 45-minute Discovery Lab programs. Please note that our 30-minute Animal Encounters and Ask a Naturalist programs are not eligible for funding through Price Philanthropies.
Have any questions?
For questions about our Price Philanthropies programming, please email Emily Arnold, Manager of Youth and Community Programs: email@example.com
To apply, please follow the steps above under 'How to Apply'.
- Applications for financial aid must be submitted each school year.
- Funding is not guaranteed each year as a school’s qualifying criteria may change.
- A single application does not qualify for the whole school.
- An application must be submitted for each order that you have made. Awarded funding will only be applied to your reservation.
- We will get back to you in 3-5 business days with an update on your application status. If you have questions, please email us or call 858-534-7336.