Financial Aid Application for School Groups
Our goal is to serve as many schools as possible, while providing a unique and stellar learning experience for all students.
In an effort to better serve the community and in partnership with many generous supporters, Birch Aquarium at Scripps offers financial aid to schools in need. Financial assistance, in the form of a scholarship, is available from our General Financial Aid fund in addition to the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund.
School Eligibility for Financial Aid
All program types (Discovery Labs, Self-Guided Visits, Aquarium Express Outreach, Beach Teach) are eligible for scholarship support. Financial assistance is not limited to only Title I schools, but to any school group that demonstrates need through responses to our Online Application. Scholarship applications are reviewed as they are submitted and we will respond within 3-5 business days. Eligibility for Price Philanthropies Programs is reserved for schools in need in City Heights and surrounding areas. Please read below for more information and to apply.
Through the generosity of Price Philanthropies and other donors, the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund was established to increase access to hands-on ocean science education by delivering our Aquarium Outreach programs directly to schools in need in City Heights and surrounding areas.
Schools Eligible for Price Philanthropies Programs
In the 2021-2022 school year, we are focusing on Title 1 elementary schools in the following San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) clusters:
If you are a teacher or educator for Grades K-12 and are interested in scheduling a program with us, we encourage you to apply for financial aid.
- You may apply for aid prior to making a reservation.
- If you are concerned about limited program availability, we recommend making a reservation first to secure your dates/times and then completing the application.
- You may complete the online application on behalf of your class(es) of students and any other teachers you choose to indicate in the application.
- If others at your school reserve programs separately, they will need to fill out a separate application.
- The results of your application do not directly apply to future applications submitted by others at your school.
- Financial Aid applications must be submitted prior to your program date(s); aid cannot be applied retroactively.
- Applications for financial aid must be submitted each school year.
- Funding is not guaranteed each year as a school’s qualifying criteria may change.
- A single application does not automatically apply to applications submitted by other teachers from the same school.
- We will get back to you in 3-5 business days with an update on your application status. If you have questions, please email us or call 858-534-7336.
Have any questions?
If you need any assistance with the online booking process or have questions about financial aid, please email our Education Scheduling Department: email@example.com