Financial Aid Application for School Groups
Our goal is to serve as many schools as possible, while providing a unique and stellar learning experience for all students.
In an effort to better serve the community and in partnership with many generous supporters, Birch Aquarium at Scripps offers financial aid to schools in need. Financial assistance, in the form of a scholarship, is available from our General Financial Aid fund in addition to the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund.
School Eligibility for Financial Aid
Currently, our remaining fund sources are available to the following types of schools:
- Middle Schools
- Elementary Schools eligible for Price Philanthropies (please see the list below)
Unfortunately at this time, we have awarded all available funding designated for most elementary schools and high schools.
Through the generosity of Price Philanthropies and other donors, the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund was established to increase access to hands-on ocean science education by delivering our Aquarium Outreach programs directly to schools in need in City Heights and surrounding areas.
Schools Eligible for Price Philanthropies Programs
In the 2020-2021 school year, we will deliver our outreach programs virtually, and are focusing on Title 1 elementary schools in the following San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) clusters:
If you are a teacher or educator for Grades K- 8 and are interested in scheduling a program with us, we encourage you to apply for financial aid.
- You may apply for aid prior to making a reservation.
- If you are concerned about limited program availability, we recommend making a reservation first to secure your dates/times and then completing the application.
- You may complete the online application on behalf of your class(es) of students and any other teachers you choose to indicate in the application.
- If others at your school reserve programs separately, they will need to fill out a separate application.
- The results of your application do not directly apply to future applications submitted by others at your school.
- Financial Aid applications must be submitted prior to your program date(s); aid cannot be applied retroactively.
- Applications for financial aid must be submitted each school year.
- Funding is not guaranteed each year as a school’s qualifying criteria may change.
- A single application does not automatically apply to applications submitted by other teachers from the same school.
- We will get back to you in 3-5 business days with an update on your application status. If you have questions, please email us or call 858-534-7336.
Have any questions?
If you need any assistance with the online booking process or have questions about financial aid, please email our Education Scheduling Department: email@example.com