How to Apply For Financial Aid
Applications for financial aid must be submitted each school year. If you are interested in receiving financial aid, please review the application process below. Funding is not guaranteed each year as a school’s qualifying criteria may change.
- One application per reservation should be completed when applying on behalf of multiple classes or an entire grade level.
- A single application does not qualify for the whole school. Awarded funding will only be applied toward your reservation.
- If approved for financial aid, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to proceed with scheduling your program(s).
Financial Aid Application
Financial aid in the form of scholarship funding is available for the following programs:
Self-Guided Visit at Birch Aquarium
- Explore Birch Aquarium at your own pace without structured programming. Offered daily, year-round, during regular aquarium hours.
Discovery Lab Classes at Birch Aquarium
- Instructor-led, hands-on programs in one of our classrooms are available weekdays.
Outreach Classes at Your School
- The Aquarium Express van can travel to your school, bringing with it the wonders of the ocean, Earth, and atmosphere.
- Important Note: If you are interested in applying for funding from the Price Philanthropies Ocean Science Education Fund, please review the qualification requirements prior to submitting your application.
Classes at the Beach
- Two-hour exploration with Birch Aquarium educators on the beach at the Matlahuayl State Marine Reserve (La Jolla Shores). Select dates only, program subject to tides and weather.