Have a fun and safe visit to Birch Aquarium
To limit the number of people in the aquarium, all guests, including members, will need to reserve tickets on our website for a specific date and entry time ahead of visiting.
Don't see your question answered below? Visit our FAQ page.
Before Your Visit
- All guests, including members, are required to purchase or reserve a timed ticket before visiting.
- Before you enter, you’ll be asked if you are exhibiting any of the following
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Temperature checks may be required
- Guests experiencing any of the above symptoms may not visit Birch Aquarium.
- All staff and guests (2 years and older) are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth — both indoors and out — per state, local and CDC guidelines.
- All families or groups must maintain 6 foot distance at all times from staff and other guests. Adults are responsible for ensuring children follow this rule.
- We are limiting the daily visitor capacity so there are fewer guests at one time
- We are conducting more frequent sanitization of exhibits and public spaces
- We have added additional hand washing and sanitizing stations throughout the facility
During Your Visit
- Strollers are welcome, but you must keep them with you at all times.
- Use the one-way path for exploring the aquarium and keep your group together. See the route on our map.
- There are temporary closures of some exhibits and shows.
- Wear your face covering at all times unless eating or drinking in designated areas.
- There is no re-entry.
- Splash Café remains open. Please plan ahead to buy food before or after your visit, as you won't be able to exit the aquarium to visit the cafe. Please only eat in designated eating areas, which can be found at Splash Cafe, near the front entrance, or on Smargon Courtyard, near the Shark Shores exhibit. Please do not eat inside the aquarium.
- Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.
After Your Visit
Enjoyed your visit? Consider purchasing a membership and come back all year.
Please note that these procedures are subject to change as guidelines from state and local agencies evolve. We will continue to update you as we navigate this unprecedented time together.
Thank you to all frontline workers!
A Note On Membership Extensions
We are offering extensions to all memberships that were affected by our closure. This 4-month extension will be added to current active memberships as well as memberships that expired in March 2020 to the end of June 2020. Extensions will not apply to new membership purchases made after July 1, 2020. For additional details, visit our Membership Page.
Waiver of Claims, Limitation of Liability
Participant waives the right to any claim against UC related to or arising from the acquisition of or exposure to any infectious disease. Neither UC, nor any of its campuses or medical centers, nor any of its employees or agents shall be liable for any claims of loss, expense, or damage to participant relating to the acquisition of or exposure to any infectious disease.
UC MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SAFETY OF THE PREMISES WITH REGARD TO ANY INFECTIOUS DISEASE.