Registration will begin June 1st!
- Online starting at 12 a.m. (PST)
Information Needed When Registering:
- Camper's full name and date of birth
- Parent/Legal guardian full name and contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Contact information of adult that will be present in the household when Zoom camp is occurring
- Membership number (if applicable)
Camp Waitlist Now Available
Many or our camps have reached full capacity. If your preferred week of camp is unavailable, please join our waitlist.
Spots may become available as current campers cancel their Virtual Camp registration and any vacated spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Enroll your child according to the grade level he/she completed for the 2019/20 school year. Our programs are designed for the specified grade levels, and we want to ensure your child has the best experience possible.
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once your registration is processed, you will receive two emails.
- Confirmation email
- This email will contain important information regarding policies, how to set up the Zoom platform on your computer and how to prepare your child for camp.
- CampDoc™ Waiver
- New this year, we will be using CampDoc™ to collect all waivers for our campers (yes there are even waivers for virtual camps!).
- Your camper's spot is not secure until you have completed the CampDoc™ form. Please complete as soon as you receive the email.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, a limited amount of financial aid is available for campers who demonstrate financial need. To read more about our financial aid opportunities and to apply, please visit Camp Financial Aid.
- Cancellation Fee: $10
- Rescheduling Fee: $5
- No refunds within one (1) week of camp*
Camps are refundable until seven (7) days prior to the start of that camp, less a $10 cancellation fee. *There will be no refunds within one (1) week of the camp.
There is a $5 rescheduling fee for each instance of rescheduling a camp. You can reschedule a camp up to seven (7) days before the start of your original camp, if a spot is available. *If you reschedule within seven (7) days of the start of your camp, you are responsible for paying the full amount for the camp spot vacated, in addition to the camp spot you have rescheduled to.
What is your camp philosophy?
Our camps and camp environments are designed to support inclusive and collaborative learning, promote exploration and discovery, and empower campers to reach their full potential.
Who are the camp staff?
Our virtual camp staff are full time, year round employees. They receive multiple trainings throughout the year including inclusion training. there will always be a minimum of two camp staff present, even in a virtual setting
Do I need to be present with my child?
Our virtual camps are designed to be hands-on for campers and hands-off for parents. We do require that a responsible adult is within the household and available for any emergencies but you do not need to be in the same room as the camper (you are of course welcome to if you would like though!)
How are we keeping your camper safe?
- We use a unique zoom links and passwords for every session.
- Only those registered will be allowed into the zoom session.
- All campers must enter through a waiting room so we can verify their identity.
- Private chat capabilities will be disabled.
- There will always be a minimum of two staff present at all times.
How to set up the Zoom platform
For our virtual camps, we use a video conference platform called Zoom. It will be required to have a Zoom compatible device with video, sound and microphone capabilities.
We recommend using a large tablet, laptop or PC for the best virtual camp experience. Anything smaller may make it difficult to see, hear and interact with our camp staff!
Please make sure to test zoom prior to your first camp session:
- Go to zoom.us
- Scroll to the bottom and under “support” click “test Zoom”
- It will ask you to join a meeting, click “join” and make sure to disable any pop up blockers
- Allow Zoom to open when a pop up window opens
- Join the meeting with video and audio. You child must be visible on video during camp as an added safety measure
Logging into your camp session:
You will receive an email with a unique Zoom login and password for each camp session. This email will arrive one week prior to the start of camp. In the email, please click on the blue Zoom link and follow the prompts to activate video and audio. The waiting room will be open for 5 minutes prior to the start of camp, and for 10 minutes after. Only those registered will be allowed in the Zoom session, for safety, please do not share this link with anyone else.
How to set your child up for success
- Please help them log into their Zoom camp. We will be controlling their ability to mute and unmute from our end, no need to teach them how to do that!
- Please try to set them up in a quiet space with some table room for crafts and an area for movement in front of the screen. We understand that siblings may want to pop in and say hi, but would love for our campers to be able to focus on camp otherwise!
- We will be having a snack in the middle of each session. Please pack them a snack and drink in a lunch box or bag, the same way they would if they were at “in person” camp, that way they don't have to get up to get one.
- Our schedule will generally go as follows:
- Animal Encounter or Tour
For more information on programs and registration, please contact our Education Programs Scheduling Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach us by phone from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at 858-534-7336