Become a Friend of Birch Aquarium
Friends of Birch Aquarium is a giving society furthering youth, access, and education through support of the aquarium's mission.
Gifts from Friends of Birch Aquarium support the most pressing and critical needs of the aquarium, including exhibitions, education, and access. Your gift of $1,000 or more through Friends of Birch Aquarium annual giving society brings you into a more integral relationship with Birch Aquarium as we work together to provide ocean science education, interpret Scripps Oceanography research, and promote ocean conservation.
Sea Urchin Adventurer: $1,000-$2,499
- An exclusive aquarium membership which includes:
- Free admission for up to six people on each visit
- 20% off at Splash! Cafe and Aquarium Gift Shop
- Advanced registration for Summer Learning Adventure Camps
- Exclusive Members-Only events
- Four Guest Passes
- An invitation to our annual breakfast
- Exclusive tour opportunities at Scripps Institution of Oceanography and Birch Aquarium
- A subscription to Birch Aquarium's OnBoard Newsletter
- Exclusive access to Annual Holiday Sale at Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Aquarium Explorer: $2,500-$4,999
All benefits listed above and an exciting behind the scenes tour with an aquarist including an animal feeding opportunity.
Birch Educator: $5,000-$9,999
All benefits listed above and lunch with Executive Director, Birch Aquarium at Scripps.
Conservation Partner: $10,000+
All benefits listed above and a hands-on interactive opportunity personalized for you in conjunction with our world-renown scientists.
The Aquarium is honored to thank our founding members: Karen Berger, Dyanne Hoffman, Patricia Isaacs, Nora Taylor Jaffe, Barbara Maurais, Molly Shonsey, Eleanor tum Suden, Jeanne B. Sleeper, Donald Wilkie and Liz Winant.
Thank you for supporting Birch Aquarium at Scripps.
If you have questions, please contact the development department at 858-822-1865.
Thank you to our 2017 Friends of Birch Aquarium!