Health and Safety Requirements for Summer Camp
Safety is our first priority! In following CDC guiding principles and state and local guidelines for COVID-19 Safety practices, camp will be fun and safe!
All campers must comply with UC San Diego COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate. Campers must also be fully up to date on all other vaccinations by the first day of session enrolled.
All families and campers must follow current CDC, state, county and campus guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines can and do change and we will monitor those changes camp progresses. Please note, if campers are not able to abide by any/all of the below requirements, they will be asked to leave camp for the duration of the summer.
Current COVID-19 Guidelines:
Families self-report daily that in the last 10 days:
Camper has not tested positive for COVID-19
- Campers are asymptomatic (no fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea)
- Campers have not been a close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19
- No one in their household has been diagnosed with a COVID-19 infection
If camper tests positive for COVID-19, they are not allowed to return to camp until they have been cleared by their medical provider and written documentation has been provided to Camp Directors.
If a household member or close contact tests positive for COVID-19, camper is only allowed to return to camp after following the latest guidance found here: https://returntolearn.ucsd.edu/campus-guidelines/exposure-contact-tracing/index.html#
Current Face Coverings Guidelines
To protect others, each camper must have a face covering with them at all times and are encouraged to wear them.
- Indoor activities require face coverings
- While outdoors, face coverings encouraged
Current Hand Washing Guidelines
- Frequently wash hands for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing not available. Any child under 9 years old will use hand sanitizer with adult supervision.
- Scheduled hand wash breaks before and after eating
*Please note, if campers are not able to abide by any/all of the above requirements, they will be asked to leave camp for the duration of the summer.