Summer Camp 2021 Registration Coming Soon
Stay tuned for updates on our upcoming Summer Camp 2021 season
Online registration will start at 12 a.m. (PST) for the following dates.
Priority Registration: Monday, April 5
For Aquarium Associates membership levels or higher.
Member Registration: Friday, April 9
For all membership levels.
General Registration: Monday, April 12
For all members and non-members.
Information Needed When Registering
- Camper's full name and date of birth
- Parent/Legal guardian full name and contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Contact information of adult that will be present in the household when Zoom camp is occurring
- Membership number (if applicable)
Camper Age Policy
Enroll your child according to their age by the start of camp. Our programs are designed for the specified age groupings, and we want to ensure your child has the best experience possible.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
|In-Person Camp||Virtual Camp|
Camps are refundable until seven (7) days prior to the start of that camp, less a cancellation fee. There will be no refunds within one (1) week of the camp.
There is a rescheduling fee for each instance of rescheduling a camp. You can reschedule a camp up to seven (7) days before the start of your original camp, if a spot is available. *If you reschedule within seven (7) days of the start of your camp, you are responsible for paying the full amount for the camp spot vacated, in addition to the camp spot you have rescheduled to.
Should a camp have insufficient enrollment, it will be cancelled four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled start date. In this event, a full refund will be made, or an opportunity to enroll in another camp—space permitting—will be provided.
Camper Forms & Waivers
We use CampDoc™ to collect all of our electronic camp waivers. Within a few days of registering your child in camp, you will receive an email notification from CampDoc™ with instructions on how to log in to their site and complete the required forms for your camper.
Forms must be completed online at least two (2) weeks before the first day of camp, but we recommend completing the forms soon as you receive the email. Your camper's spot is not secure until you have completed the CampDoc™ forms.
How to set up the Zoom platform?
For our virtual camps, we use a video conference platform called Zoom. It will be required to have a Zoom-compatible device with video, sound, and microphone capabilities.
We recommend using a large tablet, laptop, or PC for the best virtual camp experience. Anything smaller may make it difficult to see, hear and interact with our camp staff!
Test Zoom Prior to Camp
- Go to zoom.us.
- Scroll to the bottom and under “support” click “test Zoom”.
- It will ask you to join a meeting, click “join” and make sure to disable any pop-up blockers.
- Allow Zoom to open when a pop-up window opens.
- Join the meeting with video and audio. Your child must be visible on video during camp as an added safety measure.
Logging into Virtual Camp
You will receive an email with a unique Zoom login and password for each camp session. This email will arrive one week prior to the start of camp. In the email, please click on the blue Zoom link and follow the prompts to activate video and audio. The waiting room will be open for 5 minutes prior to the start of camp, and for 10 minutes after. Only those registered will be allowed in the Zoom session, for safety, please do not share this link with anyone else.
How are we keeping your camper safe?
- We use unique zoom links and passwords for every session.
- Only those registered will be allowed into the zoom session.
- All campers must enter through a waiting room so we can verify their identity.
- Private chat capabilities will be disabled.
- There will always be a minimum of two staff present at all times.
How do I set my camper up for success?
- Please help them log into their Zoom camp. We will be controlling their ability to mute and unmute from our end, no need to teach them how to do that!
- Please try to set them up in a quiet space with some table room for crafts and an area for movement in front of the screen. We understand that siblings may want to pop in and say hi, but would love for our campers to be able to focus on camp otherwise!
- We will be having a snack in the middle of each session. Please pack them a snack and drink in a lunch box or bag, the same way they would if they were at “in-person” camp, that way they don't have to get up to get one.
What is the daily schedule for Virtual Camp?
Our daily schedule of virtual camp activities will generally go as follows:
- Animal Encounter or Tour
What is your camp philosophy?
Our camps and camp environments are designed to support inclusive and collaborative learning, promote exploration and discovery, and empower campers to reach their full potential.
Who are the camp staff?
Our virtual camp staff are full-time, year-round employees. They receive multiple trainings throughout the year including inclusion training. there will always be a minimum of two camp staff present, even in a virtual setting
Do I need to be present with my child?
Our virtual camps are designed to be hands-on for campers and hands-off for parents. We do require that a responsible adult is within the household and available for any emergencies but you do not need to be in the same room as the camper (you are of course welcome to if you would like though!
For more information on programs and registration, please contact our Education Programs Scheduling Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach us by phone from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at 858-534-7336