Have a Sea Monstrously Good Time
October 26 & 27: 6-9 p.m.
Enjoy close encounters with Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientists and search the galleries for unusual underwater creatures rarely seen at Birch Aquarium.
Discover a sea of glowing beasts (big and small), get sticky with slime, and enjoy spooky stories, all while boo-gieing down to live music and having a monstrously good time.
Recommended for ages 2+
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientists showcasing exciting, and sometimes spooky, research
- Slime: Make your own seaweed slime to take home
- Frankensquid: Get up close and personal with a squid and learn what makes it unique inside and out
- Spooky species including skeleton shrimp and sea spiders
- Family-friendly costumes encouraged
- Glow Critters: Witness creatures that create their own light and glow in the deep, dark ocean
- Story Time: Youngsters can gather around and listen to a spooky (but not too spooky) tale
- Witch-Crafts: Enjoy creepy crafts that are fun for all ages, including making your own trick 'r' treat bag
- BOO-gie down all evening to the live music of Billy Lee and the Swamp Critters
Reduce Reuse RePumpkin
Help fill the Haunted Aquarium Plastic Pumpkin Patch and get witch-crafty!
Birch Aquarium is calling on the community to Reduce, Reuse, Repumpkin and create spooktacular pumpkins out of recycled plastic containers. The plastic pumpkins can be made of any clean, reused container, and should be submitted to Birch Aquarium for a coupon to the Gift Shop by October 19. The Plastic Pumpkin Patch will be on display for Haunted Aquarium.
Birch Aquarium Members**: $14.50
All tickets: $22
*This is a special after-hours event. You will need to purchase a separate ticket for the special event. The aquarium closes between 5 and 6 p.m. General admission discounts and coupons do not apply.
**Member discount is available only for pre-purchase tickets, which are sold online.
Free for children ages 2 and under.