Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Haunted Aquarium with a Sea Monstrously Good Time
October 25, 26, 27: 6-9 p.m.
Enjoy close encounters with Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientists and search the galleries for unusual underwater creatures rarely seen at Birch Aquarium.
Discover a sea of glowing beasts (big and small), get sticky with slime, and enjoy spooky games, all while boo-gieing down to live music and having a monstrously good time.
Recommended for ages 2+
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientists showcasing exciting, and sometimes spooky, research
- Slime: Make your own seaweed slime to take home
- Frankensquid: Get up close and personal with a squid and learn what makes it unique inside and out
- Spooky species including skeleton shrimp and sea spiders
- Family-friendly costumes encouraged
- Glow Critters: Witness creatures that create their own light and glow in the deep, dark ocean
- Witch-Crafts: Enjoy creepy crafts that are fun for all ages, including making your own trick 'r' treat bag
- BOO-gie down all evening to the live music of Billy Lee and the Swamp Critters
Birch Aquarium Members**: $20
Free for children ages 2 and under.
All tickets: $30
*This is a special after-hours event. You will need to purchase a separate ticket for the special event. The aquarium closes between 5 and 6 p.m. General admission discounts and coupons do not apply. Kids Free in October coupons cannot be used for this event.
**Member discount is available only for pre-purchase tickets, which are sold online. Member guest passes cannot be used for Haunted Aquarium
Reduce Reuse RePumpkin
Help fill the Haunted Aquarium Plastic Pumpkin Patch and get witch-crafty!
Birch Aquarium is calling on the community to Reduce, Reuse, Repumpkin and create spooktacular pumpkins out of recycled plastic containers. The plastic pumpkins can be made of any clean, reused container, and should be submitted to Birch Aquarium. The Plastic Pumpkin Patch will be on display for Haunted Aquarium.