Green Flash Concert Tickets
6-9 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and opener begins at 6:30 p.m.
All Concerts are Ages 21+ and rain or shine
2019 concert dates are May 22, June 19, July 17, August 14, and September 18.
All concerts are general admission and standing room only. Looking for a seat? Check out the VIP Experience. Green Flash admission includes concert attendance, parking, and entrance to all aquarium exhibits starting at 5:30 p.m. when doors open. Have a question? Read the Green Flash Concert FAQs below or email us.
All Green Flash ticket sales are final. Aquarium general admission tickets cannot be used for Green Flash Concerts.
2019 Green Flash Individual Concert Tickets (Pre-Purchase)
General Public: $38*
2019 Green Flash Individual Concert Tickets (Door)
Walk up (all): $44
2019 Green Flash VIP Experience Concert Tickets
Enjoy the concert from the upstairs VIP Experience deck.
VIP (all): $150*
Green Flash Summer Concert Series Policies
At Birch Aquarium, we require staff and guests to adhere to our Code of Conduct to ensure the safety, well-being, and a family-friendly environment for all persons.
In addition to the general Code of Conduct, Green Flash Guests are expected to follow additional policies outlined below.
The following Items are prohibited from the premises during Green Flash Concerts:
- Outside Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs
- Smoking and/or vaping
- Any form of tobacco
- Any form of marijuana
- Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray and other aerosols, key rings/key chains for self-defense, multi-tools, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc. and any ammunition or accessories to weapons)
- Cameras with detachable lenses, Go-Pros and video recording devices
- Backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, equipment bags, etc.
- Hard case containers (coolers, briefcases, etc.)
- Inflatable objects (beach balls, latex balloons, etc.)
- Air horns/whistles/vuvuzelas
- Animals (service animals are permitted with proper documentation)
- Drones and other unmanned aerial devices/vehicles
- Fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
- Laser Pointers
- Bicycles, skates, scooters or skateboards
Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. Management is not able to hold items for guests and there are no bag check areas or lockers available. All bags, jackets and guests are subject to search upon entering.
Prohibited Activities/Guest Conduct:
The following activities can lead to ejection from the venue without refund:
- Moshing and crowd surfing
- Public indecency/public urination
- Excessive drinking
- Use of profane, obscene or abusive language of any type
- Failure to follow venue’s smoking policies
- Possession of illegal or unauthorized items inside the venue
- Throwing of any objects onto the stage area
- Entering or attempting to enter any “Authorized Personnel Only” areas, such as the stage area, backstage, behind points of sale, any backdoors or restrooms of the opposite sex
- Any action that, in the opinion of Birch Aquarium Event Management places other guests in danger or reduces their enjoyment of the event
Guests who are asked to leave the property, will not receive a refund for their ticket(s).
- No outside alcohol is allowed on the premises
- We have the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to anyone at any time. Adults of age that choose to consume alcoholic beverages will do so in a responsible manner
- Alcohol will not be served to anyone already intoxicated. Intoxicated patrons will be denied entry into the venue.
Are Green Flash Concerts 21 and up?
Yes. There are no exceptions.
Is seating available at the Green Flash Concert?
All general admission concert tickets are standing room only with the exception of accessible seating that is accommodated at a first come-first-served basis. VIP Tickets include open seating on the upstairs VIP Deck.
Are the concerts rain or shine?
Yes. Green Flash concerts are outdoors and rain or shine. No refunds are available due to weather.
Can get a refund or sell my tickets?
No. All Green Flash concert tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
How long is the concert? What time does the headliner start?
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. to allow guests to order food and drinks and explore the aquarium before the concert. Tide Pool Plaza opens at 6: p.m. Guests will line up in the Hall of Fishes before Tide Pool Plaza opens. The opening act begins at 6:30, and headliner begins at 7:30. The concert ends at approximately 9 p.m.
Are Birch Aquarium's exhibits open during the concert?
All aquarium exhibits are open from 5:30 to 8:45 p.m. and you are welcome to explore at any time during the Green Flash Concert. Your concert admission is not applicable for Aquarium General Admission during normal operating hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where is the Green Flash Concert parking? Is it free?
Birch Aquarium provides free parking for the Green Flash Concert Series. The main aquarium lot fills up quickly, but additional parking is located off of Downwind Way, west of the aquarium. Please follow directional signage. There is a free shuttle from the overflow lots to the entrance of the aquarium. Shuttles run until 9:30 p.m.
Can I tailgate before the concert?
Tailgating and pre-gaming is strictly prohibited in Birch Aquarium and UC San Diego parking lots. Parking lots are patrolled by UC San Diego Police before and during the concert.
Are Green Flash Concerts accessible?
Birch Aquarium and the Green Flash Concert Series strive to be fully accessible to all of our guests. The majority of Birch Aquarium is all on one level, with the exception of the outdoor Tide Pool Plaza, which has ramps. You can learn more at our accessibility page or if you have a question you can reach our Visitor Services representatives at 858-534-3474.
Can I take photos at the Green Flash Concert?
Guests are encouraged to take photos for personal use. Flash photography is prohibited and the use of tripods is not allowed.
For the health and safety of our guests and animals, smoking, including e-cirgaretts, is not allowed anywhere on Birch Aquarium at Scripps property, including outdoor exhibits, sidewalks, Splash Cafe, and the entire parking lot.
Can I bring my pet to the Green Flash Concert?
Only trained service animals are permitted inside Birch Aquarium at Scripps. For the health and safety of your pets, we request they not be left in cars in our parking lot. If a pet is found in a car, they may be removed and held by University of California San Diego police.
Can I bring in my own food and drinks?
External food and drinks are not allowed at the Green Flash Concert Series. Food, drinks, and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the concert. Tailgating is not allowed and the parking lot is patrolled by UC San Diego Police before and during the concert.
Am I allowed to leave and re-enter the Green Flash Concert?
Yes, re-entry is allowed with a hand stamp. You can get a hand stamp as you leave through the front gate.
No Weapons Policy
Birch Aquarium at Scripps is part of the University of California San Diego and adheres to University of California Weapons Policy. Birch Aquarium strictly enforces a no weapons of any kind policy to ensure an enjoyable experience for all guests and to reduce potential risks to the safety of our guests and staff. Weapons include — but are not limited to — firearms (including toys and replicas), chemical or electronic “non-lethal” devices or sprays (such as tasers or pepper sprays), impact weapons, knives or other sharp instruments. Visitors are prohibited from carrying firearms — concealed or not, regardless of whether the owner holds a permit.