World Oceans Day 2020
This is a past event, please see the Upcoming Events section below to see possible upcoming dates.
Virtual World Oceans Day 2020
World Oceans Day is June 8 and we are celebrating with a week of virtual fun! Join us for special live streams, new at-home science activities, fun facts and more. We will explore Marine Protected Areas near and far and learn how we can all take steps to understand and protect our ocean planet.
World Oceans Day Week at a Glance
All week: activities and fun facts shared on social media
World Oceans Day Activities Coloring Page
Monday, June 8
- 10 a.m. PST World Oceans Day Live
- 6 p.m. PST Jeffrey B. Graham Perspectives on Ocean Science Virtual Lecture Series
Tuesday, June 9
- 10 a.m. PST Think Like A Scientist: How Do We Explore the Ocean?
Thursday, June 11
- 10 a.m. PST Good News from the Ocean Blue Livestream
- What have Scripps Oceanography scientists been up to while we’ve been at home? How has our local sea life changed? What are some things to look out for when we make it back to the beach this summer? Learn all this and more by tuning in for a happy-news-only report with the latest and greatest ocean updates!
- Watch on Facebook or YouTube
|There are no upcoming events at this time|