World Oceans Day 2019
This is a past event, please see the Upcoming Events section below to see possible upcoming dates.
People are the solution to plastic pollution!
This year we are focusing on the global challenge of plastic pollution. Though it may seem daunting, every one of us can help reduce ocean plastic. Join us for a day of hands-on activities including exploration stations, a scavenger hunt, and Scripps Oceanography researchers sharing plastic collected on research expeditions.
Included with admission.
- Special guests from Scripps Oceanography
- Plastic samples big and small collected by Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientists
- Albatross stomach dissection
- Sink or float activity featuring plastic pollution
- Tap vs. bottled. vs. filtered water taste test.
- Microplastics vs. meroplankton
- Scavenger Hunt
- upcycling craft
|There are no upcoming events at this time|