Let it Glow
This is a past event, please see the Upcoming Events section below to see possible upcoming dates.
Let it glow! Let it glow! Let it glow!
Light Up the Holiday Season with Creatures that Glow
Member Preview 5:30 p.m.
General Public 6-8p.m.
Bioluminescence is more than beautiful, it also helps creatures survive. Get hands on with glowing activities, meet scientists who study illuminating creatures, celebrate the season with living light! All ages welcome.
At the Let it Glow Celebration you can:
- Learn about Fluorescence, Bioluminescence, and Phosphorescence through hands on activities and encounters with live creatures that glow.
- Walk through the Hall of Fishes and discover the animals that glow in the dark. Uncover the many reasons why lights are important to animals in darkness. View specimens from the darkest parts of the ocean.
- See our living touch pools in a whole new way by discovering the animals that glow in the dark. (Weather permitting)
- Peer through microscopes to reveal the tiny organisms known collectively as Red Tide.
- Listen to short talks by Scripps scientists as they discuss the magic behind living light.
- Visit our new Penguin Palooza for interactive stories and penguin activities.
- Create a special anglerfish craft that you can take home.
- Views lights in and around the aquarium.
- Visit the Birch Aquarium Gift Shop until 8 p.m.
- Grab a bite at Splash Cafe.
Children (ages 3-17): $15
Children (ages 2 and under): Free
Member tickets are SOLD OUT**
*This is a special after-hours event. General admission discounts and coupons do not apply.
**Member RSVP is SOLD OUT. Members who wish to attend will need to purchase event tickets. Member Guests Passes cannot be used for this special event.
|There are no upcoming events at this time|