Our Community Donations Program is going through some changes and is currently on hold. Please check this page for updates. We do not accept ticket donation requests through the mail, other aquarium emails, or phone calls.
Birch Aquarium at Scripps, an entirely self-supported organization, supports other San Diego-based non-profits in their fundraising efforts when possible through in-kind donations of admission tickets.
Each year, Birch Aquarium sets aside a limited number of in-kind donations for local non-profit fundraising events. If approved, your organization will receive four passes valid for admission to the aquarium (a $74 value; passes do not include admission to special events).
Requests for cash donations will not be considered. Due to the overwhelming volume of donation requests received by Birch Aquarium, notice will only be sent to those who have been approved for donation. Please, no phone calls.
- Your organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit using the tickets as a fundraising item. We are unable to donate to for-profit organizations or individuals raising money for another group.
- In order for your organization to be considered, it must be located within San Diego County and support children and education and/or environmental stewardship
- Donation requests must be submitted via the online form at least 6 weeks, but no more than 6 months, prior to the scheduled event
- Requests made by mail, fax, or over the phone will not be considered.
- Requests for donations are limited to one request per year, per organization.
How to Submit Your Request
- We are not currently accepting donations at this time, please check back at a later date.
- When the program is up an running, donation requests must be submitted online using the online form at least 6 weeks, but no more than 6 months, prior to the scheduled event
- Meeting the above conditions does not guarantee a donation. The value of ticketed donations is subject to change at the discretion of Birch Aquarium.
- Birch Aquarium is not able to fill out any forms related to your request. A letter will be sent with ticket value and aquarium information for you to keep for your records or reference for your events.