Adopt-A-Fish Terms and Conditions:
- All Adopt-A-Fish items are digital and will only be sent by email
- Adoptions are not ownerships and all species remain at Birch Aquarium. Adopters may only access public areas of the Aquarium unless accompanied by a staff member.
- Multiple entities can adopt the same species, and specific animals may not be officially named. Birch Aquarium determines which animals are available for adoption, and details may vary at the Aquarium's discretion.
- Adoptions are valid for 12 months from the day of purchase for personal adoptions. Gift adoptions start on the delivery date indicated by giver. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
- Group adoptions: there is no limit to the number of people who may share or contribute to an adoption; however, adoptions can only be listed under one name or entity.
- Invitations will be issued for quarterly before-hours events ($500 level).
- All Adopt-A-Fish are fully deductible donations to Birch Aquarium and purchasers will receive a tax receipt.
- No refunds are given. If the adopted species becomes unavailable in the middle of an adoption term, the “parent” may choose another eligible animal for the remainder of the term.